So you don’t believe in team building?
Here is why you should
Running a business is a complex activity that needs looking after multiple aspects for successful running of the business. Every business has its peculiar circumstances, objectives and targets to meet. The strategies that you devise are wholly oriented towards achieving your intended business targets. Team building is one such business demand that you cannot neglect or relegate to ‚another day, especially once you have plans to expand your business in near future.
Team Building is a must have‚business consideration when it comes to Gold Coast HR. It has more to do with workplace motivation than any other factor in running your business. If you love to act ‚SOLO‚ in running your business and don’t believe in team building, then here are some great reasons to change your mind:
Why should you believe in team building?
- Workplace Motivation. Perhaps nothing can contribute to workplace motivation than a feeling of being a part of the team. Most businesses perform below their potential due to de-motivated or less contributing employees. For the most part, lack of motivation is largely attributed to the sense of ‚no say‚ in the affairs of the business. This factor can be mitigated with the creation of effective team building mechanism within your business or company.
- Promote creativity and facilitate organisational communication. Team building means establishing a chain where your workforce is properly structured and it’s easier for everybody to communicate horizontally and vertically. Better communications means lesser organizational friction, enhanced productivity, idea sharing and above all creativity promotion. The fruits of team building manifest in more than one way to benefit your business.
- Barrier removal. Organisational barriers are the greatest impediment in achievement of an efficient organisation. The usual ‚organisation gap‚ feeling among the employees is largely overcome with team building, builds trust between the top management and workforce, builds inter-organisational working relationships and instills confidence in workforce. Team building is a proven path to enhanced organizational productivity
- Develops a problem solving attitude. Teams working in tandem generate a feeling of camaraderie and promote collective wisdom. Working collectively, the workforce develops an attitude to view organisational problems and issues as of personal concern. This feeling forms the basis of collective problem solving attitude and nothing is brushed under the carpet.
- Provides a realistic feedback to top management. Team building creates the vital sense of ownership in the workforce that promotes honest appraisals and correct feedback. Accurate and in time picture building based on honest feedback helps top management in effective decision making. The chain reaction thus sets in a profitable and benevolent mechanism (ultimate fruition of an effective team building measures).
- Mutual support and talent recognition. Team building helps in building mutual support spirit and helps in talent recognition and grooming. Teams mean enhanced interaction and it helps younger team members in learning from old guards. Inter organisational structure of talent grooming and recognition is another pronounced benefit of team building that contributes in great measure to organisational success.