Who is covered by the Hair and Beauty Industry Award
The Hair and Beauty Award covers employers in the hair and beauty industry and their employees who fit within the classifications of the award.
The hair and beauty industry includes:
- hair styling
- hair dyeing or any treatment of hair
- shaving and beard trimming
- make-up application
- manicuring or nail work
- lash and brow tinting
- facial treatments including massages and other specialised treatments such as lymphatic drainage and high frequency body treatments
- massage and other body treatments (if it is not a health business)
- performing or carrying out body hair removal, including waxing, chemical methods, electrolysis and laser hair removal
- aromatherapy and the application of aromatic oils for beauty treatments.
Examples of employers and employees covered by the Hair and Beauty Award include:
- hair and beauty salons
- hairdressing apprentices
- beauticians and beauty therapists
- make-up artists
- nail technicians
- employees applying spray tan for a spray tan studio
The Hair and Beauty Award also covers labour hire businesses and their employees who are placed with an organisation in the hair and beauty industry.